Use these sympathy quotes as words of comfort or for card wording ideas.
He spake well who said that graves are the footprints of angels. ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
• While we are mourning the loss of our friend, others are rejoicing to meet him behind the veil. ~John Taylor
• He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present than the living man. ~Antoine de Saint-Exupery
• Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal. ~From a headstone in Ireland
• A human life is a story told by God. ~Hans Christian Andersen
• In the night of death, hope sees a star, and listening love can hear the rustle of a wing. ~Robert Ingersoll
• To live in hearts we leave behind
Is not to die.
~Thomas Campbell, “Hallowed Ground”
• Oh heart, if one should say to you that the soul perishes like the body, answer that the flower withers, but the seed remains. ~Kahlil Gibran