If you’re looking for help writing sympathy notes, we have tons of pages of sympathy card wording samples, sympathy quotes, poems, and sympathy messages for you. You can find sympathy cards for pets on this page.
For loss of pet
• We’re so sorry to learn of your loss. We know how much you adored your pet. Our hearts are with you during this very sad time.
• We were saddened to learn of your loss. May God help you through this very difficult time and open to your heart to another pet in due time.
Death of Cat
• I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your cat. I know how dearly-loved your pet was, and I do hope that you find comfort in your wonderful memories.
Death of Dog
• I was very saddened to learn of the passing of your dog. May you remember all the happy times you’ve had with your pet; especially during the times you miss him most.
Pet Sympathy Quotes
• If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans. ~James Herriot
• The one best place to bury a good dog is in the heart of its master. ~Ben Hur Lampman
• If there is a heaven, it’s certain our animals are to be there. Their lives become so interwoven with our own, it would take more than an archangel to detangle them. ~Pam Brown
• A person who has never owned a dog has missed a wonderful part of life. ~Bob Barker
• Not the least hard thing to bear when they go from us, these quiet friends, is that they carry away with them so many years of our own lives. ~John Galsworthy
• If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~Will Rogers
• No one loves you unconditionally as your beloved pet. -Cynthia S. Dobesh
• I feel about my dogs now, and all the dogs I had prior to this, the way I feel about children they are that important to me. When I have lost a dog I have gone into a mourning period that lasted for months. ~Mary Tyler Moore
• I do not mind having imaginary conversations with animals who are part of my life. The comfort of talking to one at a time of personal distress is so soothing because one has the ease of knowing that one’s secrets will not be repeated to anyone. Yet there are those who are horrified that an animal can be a more reliable part of one’s world than that of the human world. ~Derek Tangye in “The Evening Gull”